Cataloguing and classification are two areas of study for library staff that want to learn more about the major job functions of Technical Services staff. Anyone working in public service will benefit if they develop a better understanding of the...
To improve staff training we provide access to online events, courses and webinars for librarians and library staff. In the field of library science, job development and career growth are ranked high in staff engagement surveys. Explore all of the links and resources on this site as many of the online webinars and courses are free.
ALA eLearning–webinars, courses, workshops, e-forums and more–covers library-related fundamentals, advances, trends, and hot topics for all types of libraries.
- Core Classroom: Hearing the Story: Creating an Oral History Project
CHICAGO—Storytelling is an important way to preserve the history of a community and/or culture. The human voice can convey […]
- United for Libraries’ Jan. 11 Learning Live session to offer guidance on Friends and Foundations working effectively with libraries
EXTON, Pa. – United for Libraries’ monthly virtual series, Learning Live, will continue on Tues., Jan. 11th at 2 p.m. […]
- United for Libraries’ Dec. 14 Learning Live session to educate on building strong library policies
EXTON, Pa. – United for Libraries’ monthly virtual series, Learning Live, will continue on Tues., Dec. 14 at 2 p.m. […]
- Core Forum Webinar Series on Leadership and Management
CHICAGO—Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures is pleased to present a four-part webinar series on leadership and […]
RUSA’s learning site offers news on online learning, conferences, events, global trends and professional development.
- RUSA Essentials
The Reference and User Services (RUSA) of the American Library Association is pleased to share a series of essential 101 […]
- Business Reference 101
Register today for this three week eCourse that begins on January 10, 2022!! Business Reference is for any librarian […]
- November Online Learning with RUSA
The American Library Association- Reference and User Services Division (RUSA), continues to offer an outstanding combination […]
- Everything you Need to Know About Interlibrary Loan
CHICAGO- Register today for the four-week asynchronous course “Inside Interlibrary Loan: Basics for a New Millennium” […]
WebJunction’s news articles are updated regularly and they provide updates on learning issues and events.
- 2022 National Day of Racial Healing
The National Day of Racial Healing (NDORH) is an opportunity for people, organizations, and communities to call for racial […]
- Drive Social Media Success That Connects on a Personal Level
How can you engage purposefully on social media with the different communities your library serves while also addressing […]
- Free January Webinars for Library Staff
There's no time like the new year for learning! Whether or not you've got a list of resolutions, you're sure to benefit by […]
- Pandemic Perspectives: Navigating Changes and Connections at the Connecticut Library Consortium
Amanda Stern is the events and special projects manager at the Connecticut Library Consortium, a statewide membership […]