Cataloguing and classification are two areas of study for library staff that want to learn more about the major job functions of Technical Services staff. Anyone working in public service will benefit if they develop a better understanding of the...
To improve staff training we provide access to online events, courses and webinars for librarians and library staff. In the field of library science, job development and career growth are ranked high in staff engagement surveys. Explore all of the links and resources on this site as many of the online webinars and courses are free.
ALA eLearning–webinars, courses, workshops, e-forums and more–covers library-related fundamentals, advances, trends, and hot topics for all types of libraries.
- United for Libraries Virtual Conference program proposals open
EXTON, Pennsylvania — United for Libraries is accepting proposals for its upcoming online conference “United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – […]
- Celebrate Preservation Week ® 2021 with free webinars, event tools and resources
CHICAGO — April 25–May 1, libraries, institutions, archives and museums across the country will celebrate preservation and conservation in their communities, libraries, […]
- Core Webinar: Web Accessibility Beyond Best Intentions
CHICAGO—Implementing web accessibility in libraries requires more than an educated site administrator. Managers need to be backed up with institutional changes to […]
- United for Libraries’ April 27 Learning Live session, Ask the Experts, will address common issues that arise among Library Boards, Friends Groups, and Foundations
EXTON, Pennsylvania — United for Libraries’ monthly virtual series, Learning Live, will continue with “Ask the Experts: Boards of Trustees, Friends Groups, and […]
RUSA’s learning site offers news on online learning, conferences, events, global trends and professional development.
- Grow Your Public Services Skills with RUSA
CHICAGO- Register today for this five-week asynchronous course titled ” Whole Person Librarianship: Relationships are the New Reference Collection” scheduled to begin on […]
- Enhance Your Online Learning with RUSA
Register today for this 60-minute webinar titled “Level Up: Tools and Tips for More Engaging Online Learning” scheduled for Wednesday, April 14, 2021 @ 12:00pm Central. […]
- Artificial Intelligence and Reference and User Services
CHICAGO- Register today for the six-week course titled “Artificial Intelligence in the Library: Its Application in Reference and User Services” scheduled to begin on […]
- Project Management eCourse
CHICAGO- Register today for the four-week RUSA course titled “Project Management in Libraries” scheduled to begin on Monday, April 5, 2021. In this four-week course, […]
WebJunction’s news articles are updated regularly and they provide updates on learning issues and events.
- Skills for Community-Centered Libraries: A Webinar Series with the Free Library of Philadelphia
Like many libraries across the nation, the Free Library of Philadelphia is undergoing a paradigm shift. Their extensive collections offer boundless discoveries, but […]
- Telling the Story of Food: Why Food Literacy Matters to Your Library
Rebecca Antill was a presenter in the WebJunction webinar, Strengthening Communities: Food Access at Your Library. Here, she shares additional information about food literacy […]
- Social Library, Volume 167
We continue the Social Library series with more examples of the innovative ways libraries connect with their communities. This edition includes a video series with […]
- Free April Webinars for Library Staff
As we look beyond the first year of living in the time of COVID, libraries and their communities continue to move through uncharted territory. Fortunately, the field is […]