Cataloguing and classification are two areas of study for library staff that want to learn more about the major job functions of Technical Services staff. Anyone working in public service will benefit if they develop a better understanding of the...
To improve staff training we provide access to online events, courses and webinars for librarians and library staff. In the field of library science, job development and career growth are ranked high in staff engagement surveys. Explore all of the links and resources on this site as many of the online webinars and courses are free.
ALA eLearning–webinars, courses, workshops, e-forums and more–covers library-related fundamentals, advances, trends, and hot topics for all types of libraries.
- United for Libraries’ May 25 Learning Live session to focus on Friends of the Library & the Future of Booksales
EXTON, Pennsylvania — United for Libraries’ monthly virtual series, Learning Live, will continue with “Friends of the […]
- Core Webinar: Leveraging the FOLIO Transition: Best Practices
CHICAGO—On Wednesday, May 26 Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures will host the webinar "Leveraging the FOLIO […]
- Core Webinar: Leading From Afar: Creating a Cohesive Remote Team
CHICAGO—Remote work and leadership are vastly different from the traditional office experience. It takes a balance of […]
- United for Libraries Virtual Conference program proposals open
EXTON, Pennsylvania — United for Libraries is accepting proposals for its upcoming online conference “United for […]
RUSA’s learning site offers news on online learning, conferences, events, global trends and professional development.
- An Introduction to ShelfReader, Winner of The Best Emerging Technology Award in 2020
On May 26 from 4pm-4:30pm Central Time, please join us for a 30 minute, free webinar to learn about ShelfReader, the 2020 […]
- Learn Business Reference Skills Through RUSA
Register today for this three-week asynchronous course titled ” Business Reference 101 ” scheduled to begin on Monday, […]
- Grow Your Public Services Skills with RUSA
CHICAGO- Register today for this five-week asynchronous course titled ” Whole Person Librarianship: Relationships are the […]
- Enhance Your Online Learning with RUSA
Register today for this 60-minute webinar titled “Level Up: Tools and Tips for More Engaging Online Learning” scheduled […]
WebJunction’s news articles are updated regularly and they provide updates on learning issues and events.
- Social Library, the Great Outdoors Edition
Though some libraries have begun to welcome communities back to their indoor spaces, many libraries are continuing to […]
- Free May Webinars for Library Staff
May has arrived, bringing with it a new month of free learning opportunities relevant to library staff. Take a look at this […]
- Learning Group Facilitation Guide
Courses that are designed to be self-paced often pose challenges for the learner, especially around feelings of isolation […]
- Conscious Child Family Book Discussion Kits on Racial Equity, Identity, and Justice
We learned about these fantastic book discussion kits in recent Ohio Library Council News and reached out to Caitlin […]